Boards, as well as organizations, are most successful when firmly rooted in mission driven core values and creating long-term sustainable value for customers and shareholders. Boards have an obligation to stay engaged and provide the requisite skills to create and maintain a culture of constructive challenge and competence. An effective board is especially key in today’s regulatory environment, particularly in the area of understanding strategy and succession planning.
The most successful CEOs learn how to effectively communicate and share information with their boards.
The establishment of an effective Board evaluation process, board leadership, the creation of board member criteria for candidates, directors and committee members, committee structures and charters, board education and director orientation, bylaws, ethics, conflict of interest policies and enterprise risk management policies are the key drivers to ensuring the fulfillment of fiduciary responsibilities as a director and board.
To find out how Stuart Levine & Associates can help your Board Governance, contact us.
Products and Services Currently Available:Return to Top
- Higher Credit Union Governance Principles Can Help Insure Member Value
- The Fundamentals of Exceptional Governance
- The Current Thinking On Corporate Governance
- The Challenge of Succession Planning for CEOs and Boards
- Credit Union Leadership Forum Web Seminar: A Practical Perspective: Regulatory Realities